Like with all their amazing products, there is no question that the Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser is right up top in terms of luxury and excellence. Yes, you guessed correctly: another rave review about a Skin Creamery product! What can I say other than I just really, really, really like the brand and everything they stand for. If you missed my previous (RAVE!) reviews you can catch up here, here and here.
Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser
Product: The Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser is a luxurious oil cleanser that emulsifies into a milk when it comes into contact with water. The product utilises the powerful abilities from Kalahari Melon Seed, Jojoba and Boabab oils to remove makeup, cleanse impurities and nourish the skin at the same time. According to the website it can even remove waterproof makeup with ease.
Packaging: I am so annoyed with myself that I threw the beautiful unicarton away before doing the photography. The Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser has identical outer packaging to the Everyday Face and Body Cream in case you are wondering. The product itself comes in a gorgeous luxury glass bottle with a pump* mechanism that you can proudly display on your bathroom shelf.
How to use this product: “All you need is one pump of Oil-Milk Facial Cleanser. Apply to face, neck and eyes, using small, circular movements to lift impurities and make-up. Rinse with warm water or a soft cloth. To remove waterproof mascara and foundation – apply the Oil-Milk Cleanser onto dry skin (no water on hands) and use small circular movements over eye area and face. Rinse well with warm water or cloth. Can be used 2 x daily without causing any drying of the skin since there is no alcohol or soap in the cleanser. The cleanser is based on natural omega rich oils that nourish whilst cleansing.” – Skin Creamery Website
What did I like about the product?
- The fragrance is absolutely magnificent! It has a clean, fresh fragrance with the delicious hint of rose geranium and one cannot help but imagine yourself in a topnotch luxury spa when using this amazing product. I cannot rave enough about this fragrance!
- The Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser is soap and alcohol-free.
- The thick, nourishing oil leaves my skin feeling ultra soft, nourished and moisturised.
- The oil completely emulsifies when it comes into contact with water and is thus easy to rinse off without leaving any trace of an oily residue on your skin.
- My skin never feels dry or stripped when I use this cleanser, intact, quite the opposite.
- It is the perfect addition/last step to a double or triple-cleansing routine.
- Although this cleanser is suitable for all skintypes, I think readers with drier/dehydrated skin will particularly like this product especially during the dry, cold winter months.
What did I not like about the product?
- As much as the pump mechanism has it’s perks in terms of product dispensing and hygiene, I think the formula is maybe a bit too think for this particular pump. Halfway through the bottle the pump just gave in and couldn’t dispense product anymore. This is my first bottle of this product, so I can’t really say if it is a general problem or just me that maybe manhandled the pump.
- Although the Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser is recommended to take waterproof makeup off, I found that it is unfortunately not quite that heavy duty. The cleanser removes foundation, blush, bronzer and eyeshadows very well, but I struggled with all types of mascara. In my opinion this cleanser is better suited- and you get more of the benefits as the pampering last step in your double/tripple cleanse routine to soothe and nourish your skin or when you are not wearing any makeup. I remove my makeup with my trusted Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (you can catch my review here), wash my face with one of my Neostrata/Kiehl’s cleansers, dry my skin off and then bath my skin in this ultimate luxury as the last step to nourish, replenish and moisturise. It might sound elaborate and time-consuming, but I am a big fan of triple cleansing when I am wearing makeup.
Price: R320 for the full-size product or R285 for the convenient refill sachet.
Order: You can order this amazing product/refills from Skin Creamery’s webshop here.
What did I think? I absolutely loved the Skin Creamery Oil Milk Facial Cleanser and can highly recommend it to my readers. Apart from the minor issues with the pump mechanism, the product itself is spectacularly good and such a joy to use. I love the fragrance and how soft and nourished my skin feels when I use this cleanser. All in all well worth the money in my opinion and it will make for a stunning gift too.
Will I buy this product again? Yes, absolutely!