I don’t think any of my readers are unfamiliar with how much I love and adore juicy, glossy lips! Even during winter months I will rarely revert to matte lip products and rather wear something with a satin finish. Not only is it often less drying, but in my opinion looks more youthful and fresh. I though I would share my current go-to lipglosses (brand and favourite shade) and would of course love to hear from you what your favourite lipgloss is!
Buxom Full On Lip Polish
Man, I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss! Buxom is not really a brand we are very familiar nowadays or see it featured in many reviews – or that is how I experience it at least. I think the brand had its hey-day before I was into beauty products and is thus not often spoken about anymore. It really is a shame though as this is one of the best lipglosses I have ever had! The Buxom brand is available at Sephora.
- The Buxom Full On Lip Polish contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin E & A to plump up the lips while soothing and nourishing them at the same time.
- The gloss has a subtle vanilla scent, but it is not overpowering or bothersome at all.
- Once applied the gloss does plump up the lips to a degree and has a very mild tingling effect.
- This is really a long-lasting lipgloss with a brilliant high-shine and can be worn on its own or over any lipstick to zoosch up the look.
- The pigmentation is quite sheer and subtle.
- There are like a million shades available in the range – click here to have a look.
- $20 – expensive, but worth every single cent. I will even pay $40 and still think it’s a bargain.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lipgloss
Now if you though I really like the Buxom lipgloss, then you should see me rave about this gem from Elizabeth Arden. I think this is probably my all-time favourite lipgloss!
- First of all, let’s talk packaging. I think the packaging is beautiful with the iconic Elizebeth Arden Red Door design. What I find really nifty though is the built-in mirror on the side of the tube. No need anymore to whip out selfie mode on your phone to apply your lipgloss after lunch.
- The gloss has the silkiest, smoothest texture and is an absolute pleasure to wear on the lips.
- The formula is infused with mango- and shea butter to hydrate and condition the lips.
- Now this gloss is supposed to have a plumping effect (patented MaxiLip™), but to be honest, I don’t really notice a difference in the volume of my lips when I wear this gloss. It does not bother me in the least though!
- It has a brilliant, high shine that is truly long lasting.
- The lipgloss is highly pigmented and available in the most beautiful shades!
- I find this lipgloss very comfortable to wear and have this little guy in my handbag at all times!
Manhattan Oh My Gloss!
No, you are not hiding under a rock if you haven’t heard of the brand ‘Manhattan’ before! I haven’t either until I started lurking around in German drugstores on Wednesday afternoons. Manhattan is a German beauty brand manufactured in the UK and there are very few English literature available on this brand.
- The Oh My Gloss! range is done in conjunction with Rita Ora and features 6 gorgeous shades.
- I think I can safely say that this Manhattan lipgloss is the lipgloss that lasts the longest from any gloss product I have ever had or tried. It lasts for hours and hours and is even eating/drinking resistant which is unheard of really.
- The product has a mild floral scent, which is unusual for a lip product. It does not bother me though.
- The formula is enriched with Argan oil and vitamin E and is comfortable and hydrating on the lips.
- Once applied your lips will be super, super glossy for hours on end.
- It is absolutely cheap as chips, retails for around €4 (R60) and you will get excellent value for money. You can trust me on that!
- If you have a beauty mule coming from Germany, be sure to ask them to pop into a DM-drugstore and pick up all 6-shades for you!
L.O.V Lovlicious Caring Volume Gloss
- I have always been impressed by L.O.V Cosmetics’ lip products! This gloss is no different and is comfortable to wear and long-lasting.
- The pigmentation is subtle with a high shine.
- Technically the gloss is supposed to have a plumping effect and although I do not notice any, I am still super happy with the product and use it all the time.
- The formula is non-sticky.
- This is literally my favourite soft coral shade lipgloss that I own! The shade range is quite decent, there are about 12 shades in total.
- I am not 100% sure if the Lovlicious Caring Volume Gloss range is currently available in South Africa. If any of my readers know or have spotted it in Dischem, please let me know!
Maybelline Shine Lipgloss
- There is just something about the Maybelline Shine lipgloss packaging that speaks to me! I love the minimalistic elegance!
- The product is virtually fragrance-free.
- The pigmentation is quite sheer and moderate in the long-wear department.
- I absolutely love this lipgloss though and often wear it on its own or as a lip topper.
- As far as I can see I do not think the Shine range is available in South Africa.
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Lipgloss
- I bough this particular shade as it is regularly featured as a favourite and often worn by Tati from Glam Life Guru and Nikki from Nikki Tutorials!
- The shade ‘Tease’ is a beautiful shade that can basically ‘nudify’ any lipstick – a very versatile product to have in your makeup bag.
- The formula is surprisingly opaque with a lovely gloss and shine.
- The formula is non-drying and not sticky at all.
- I would say it performs moderately in terms of how long it wears before needing a refresher.
- The only thing I do not like about this lipgloss is the weird, oval/triangular-shapes doe-foot applicator. I do not find it the easiest applicator in terms of precision and takes some getting used to.
- Liezel from 9Lives wrote a full review with swatches on these lipglosses that you can read here.